- Launching Bahrain’s first space mission, considered a foundation stone for space science and technology for the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Initiating low- cost, educational nano-satellite projects with a focus on capacity building.
- Establishing a well-qualified team who can help NSSA achieve its current and future objectives.
- Gaining necessary skills for designing, assembling, testing, launching and operating cube satellites for future more complex missions.
- Developing national skills in a new sector in the industry regionally and internationally.
- Establishing the foundation of a new space sector in the Kingdom.
- Supporting scientific research.
Building and Launching Nano Satellites
- Establishing relationships of cooperation with regional and international space agencies, centers and education institutions for knowledge transfer, providing expertise, training opportunities and sharing resources and education.
- Recruiting national cadres and building capacity to establish a well-qualified Bahrain Space Team (BST).
- Benefiting from shared national resources available.
- Establishing of relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Acquiring the necessary hardware and software for the nano satellite.
- Securing the launch of the nano satellite.
- Preparing resources for operating and monitoring the owned satellites.
- Building national capabilities to create a prominent and excellent national space science foundation.
- Promoting space science within the Kingdom by disseminating awareness, developing advance research programs and by enhancing innovation to keep abreast of the development currently witnessed by the Kingdom towards a scientific and technological development commensurate with Bahrain’s 2030 Vision.
- Establishing relationships of cooperation with regional and international space agencies and with technical, industrial and research organizations actively engaged in space science.
- Encouraging the Kingdom to become a party in international conventions and agreements of space science and associated technological concepts, and approving the principals regulating the Kingdom’s activities in leading outer space activities and utilizing the space for peaceful purposes.
|Project Start: 2019|
|Browse articles about CubeSats here|