- Establishing a lab for providing high resolution multi spectral images and processing satellite data.
- Responding to national and regional needs of space information and earth observation data.
- Preparing accurate maps showing the distribution of natural phenomena and abnormal features that may be difficult to reach.
- Conducting studies to monitor land change and trends (such as monitoring the processes of reclamation and desertification rates).
- Recording and archiving phenomena, which can be studied at any time afterwards.
- Providing data for scientific research, environment and agriculture (such as the quality and intensity of agricultural crops).
- Establishing a well-qualified team who can help NSSA achieve its current and future objectives.
- Gaining necessary skills for processing and analyzing satellite data and images.
- Developing national skills in a new sector in the industry regionally and internationally.
- Establishing the foundation of a new space sector in the Kingdom
Lab for Processing Space Data and Images
- Establishing relationships of cooperation with regional and international space agencies and centers for knowledge transfer, providing expertise, training opportunities and sharing resources.
- Establishing the lab with all necessary hardware and software.
- Recruiting national cadres and building capacity to establish a well-qualified team.
- Benefiting from shared national resources available.
- Obtaining frequent and constant satellite data.
- Establishing relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Building national capabilities to create a prominent and excellent national space science foundation.
- Establishing relationships of cooperation with regional and international space agencies and with technical, industrial and research organizations actively engaged in space science.
- Responding to national requirements through providing space information and earth observation data that serve the comprehensive development process and contribute to advancing space science and the sustainable development of the Kingdom.
|Project Start: 2019|
|Request a Lab Services here|
|Space Applications Articles|