Frequently Asked Questions
NSSA stands for the National Space Science Agency of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
NSSA supports space development and utilization to promote the Kingdom of Bahrain to a position of international prominence in the field of space science for the purpose of achieving comprehensive and sustainable development.
NSSA’s focus is on harnessing space technologies for national development, building satellites and innovative systems, promote space science and applications, develop advanced space research programs, ensure capacity building and create a new space sector in the Kingdom.
NSSA is working closely with different ministries and authorities in the Kingdom, identifying their needs, and planning to provide enhanced space-based technology services for governance and development. It is also working with universities on exciting potential new space missions to advance research and development in space sciences.
Details about the NSSA vision, mission and goals are found on the NSSA website ‘About Us’ page.
The National flag in the background of the logo represents belonging, loyalty, local, patriotism. The shape represent power, governmental entity, authorization and consent. The space with stars represents cosmic, extraterrestrial, astronomical or celestial objects, unrestricted. The scientific orbits represent particles, scattering, orbiting, gravity, space science. The satellite object at the topmost of the orbit represent space applications and technology, satellites in orbits, and the first satellite to be developed and launched by the Kingdom. The most shining star is ‘Suheil Star’.
NSSA has developed some important partnerships and collaborations with local entities and global leading organizations in the space field. More details are found on the NSSA website under ‘Partner with NSSA’ page.
If you would like to discuss potential collaboration opportunities, fill in the form on the same page.
- Strengthening ties between the partnering entities.
- Taking up new scientific and technological challenges.
- Refining space policies and defining international frameworks for exploitation and utilization of outer space for peaceful purposes.
- Building capabilities and exchange of experiences to derive benefits of space technology.
- Minimizing risk related to space debris and space objects.
- Stimulating innovation in the space field.
- Implementing bilateral/multilateral initiatives and projects.
- Spreading awareness and knowledge about space science and its’ various applications.
Scientists, engineers, machinists, technicians, corporate professionals, IT/software systems experts and other talented professionals, who are committed, ambitious, highly motivated, have a passion for space and have a high GPA.
A unique opportunity to work with highly dedicated teams of scientists, engineers, space technology professionals and other professionals, in a vibrant, multi-cultural and intellectually stimulating work environment with a unique job nature. Additionally, you will also benefit from professional training and development opportunities in the space field.
Most positions are full-time, but we do occasionally have part-time roles.
The priority for hiring is for Bahraini candidates once required qualification and skills were found, however, it depends on the requirements of the job, the qualifications of the candidate and on the existence of similar local skills/qualifications, following Civil Service Bureau rules and regulations. Bahrain useful information is found on this link. Visa requirements is found on this link.
Traditional Bahraini attire or smart casual comfortable clothing.
We receive CVs through NSSA general email address or the NSSA website under ‘Careers’ page. We shortlist the qualified CVs by the recruitment committee, prepare for interviews, exams and accordingly evaluation and selection. After which contracts are signed by two parties, the hired applicant and NSSA. We follow the Civil Service Bureau final recruitment processing in the system. We will keep you informed (where possible) of your status throughout the process and keep non-selected good candidates in our database for future job openings.
We follow the Civil Service Policy for employees in the government entities.
NSSA offers the following services:
- Providing ‘Printable Space Images’ in electronic format of the Kingdom of Bahrain land and its territorial waters for commercial and non-commercial use in several printable sizes (2A0, 4A0, A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6), scale, year and formats (e.g.PDF, JPEG, PNG).
- Providing ‘Data Analysis’ services of satellite data and images for the Kingdom of Bahrain land and its territorial waters, obtained through many satellite sources, for the purpose of generating useful information. For more information about the data analysis studies you can check NSSA website under ‘Lab Projects’. Providing ‘Satellite Images and Data’, recent and archived, low, medium and high-resolution for the Kingdom of Bahrain land and its territorial waters, in various bands (depending on availability) such as Multispectral, PANSARP, RGB, NIR and PAN.
- Providing ‘Technical Support Services’ can be requested to provide assistance related to software used, compatibility, utilizing of satellite data and images and/or data analysis services, technical inquiries….etc.
NSSA provides satellite images of the Kingdom of Bahrain and its territorial waters with spatial resolutions ranging from less than 1m to greater than or equal to 10m.
The length of time it takes for services to be delivered depends on the specific service being provided, the complexity of the service, the workload and availability of the resources.
Once you place a service request, NSSA will get back to you with a quotation showing a competitive price that is calculated depending on the type of service requested.
After receiving a request with the required service(s), NSSA will send a quotation to you. Following your approval of the quotation, and acceptance of the ‘Terms and Conditions for the Purchase/Utilization of NSSA’s Images, Data and Analysis Studies’, you have the choice either to pay using Benefit payment gateway or through local PO (for government entities), abiding by the Ministry of Finance and National Economy rules and regulations. Following confirmation from NSSA of payment completion, you will receive an email to provide us with the required storage media (e.g. flash, external hard drive) for providing an electronic copy of the required product or service.
Prices are calculated based on the market price and in coordination with the Ministry of Finance and National Economy of the Kingdom of Bahrain. They were also approved by the NSSA Board of Directors and are not negotiable.
NSSA encourages the education sector in the Kingdom to participate and contribute to various research activities related to space and to focus research in the following areas:
- Space Science.
- Space Technology.
- Space Applications.
- Artificial intelligence.
Further information is available on the NSSA website ‘Research’ Page.
The Kingdom of Bahrain have signed three of five main international space treaties developed under the auspices of the United Nations: The Outer Space Treaty, Liability Convention and Registration Convention.
No, it is currently being developed in cooperation with the relevant authorities. But the Kingdom has a National Space policy that translate His Majesty’s vision into action through specific objectives at a national level.
No, you may not copy or transfer without the written consent of NSSA. Reselling is totally prohibited and NSSA has the full right to pursue legal action for violation of its terms and conditions.